Jan De Nul Group offers specialised services for the installation of subsea structures for the oil, gas and renewable energy markets. Seabed preparation, dredging of trenches, as well as their stabilisation and ballasting, belong to the offshore services. Whether it concerns subsea pipelines, cables, umbilicals, foundations, platforms or even integral wind farms : everything is always tailored to the needs of the client and on an EPC-basis if required. Do you want to be part of our international team?
For the local Jan de Nul (JdN) office in Taiwan, we are looking for an experienced document controller who can take overall responsibility for the coordination and the compilation of the project documents for the Changhua Offshore windfarm project. JdN needs to prepare and submit hundreds of documents and progress reports to our client, the Taiwan Power Company (TPC). Moreover, these documents will originally be written in English, but will also have to be translated into Chinese.
Specific tasks are as follows:
- Maintain and update a detailed Master Document Register.
- Have a thorough understanding of the contract requirements regarding these documents.
- Be the main point of contact with the client regarding these project documents.
- Ensure the timely compilation of the various documents together with the various authors of these documents.
- Ensure consistency of the documents with the quality requirements
- Make sure that there is clarity about the exact scope and contents of these documents.
- Before submitting these reports for translation into Chinese, check that the contents are clear, well written and ready for translation
- Follow up on any comments received from the client and close these out quickly and efficiently.
- Work in a team (same rank) with one local Engineer with similar experience. The main objective is to complement each other with regard to language barrier.
- Together with your colleague lead a small team of local Chinese translators, or external translators
The person we require for this preferably needs:
- Experience in an engineering or similar role for minimum 5 years.
- Excellent English language skills
- Good editing skills
- Good interpersonal and project management skills.