Every maritime, dredging or offshore project needs preparatory survey investigation. Also during and even after projects are completed, the team regularly performs measurements (hydrographic, topographic...) with the most modern equipment to guide, map in detail and follow-up onshore and offshore projects. Because measurement is knowledge.
As a surveyor, your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Set-up of the survey activities at the start-up of the project: installation of the equipment (sounding equipment, tide gauges, positioning system equipment,...).
- Determination of the suitable sounding method.
- Performance of the measurements.
- Calculation of the volumes dredged (for a.o. reporting, invoicing,...).
- Draw-up of maps by means of specific software.
- Maintenance and calibration of the various 'high-tech' systems.
- Acting as a contact person and 'problem-solving' with regard to positioning systems on board of the vessels.
- Reporting on the activities to the line management.
- Administration relating to the survey activities.
You have an engineering degree or Master or Bachelor degree in hydrography or topography. You will be working on our projects worldwide on a schedule of 2 months onshore / 1 month holiday. Good command of English is essential.