Jan De Nul Group offers specialised services for the installation of offshore structures for the renewable energy markets. Submarine cable installation and burial, Wind Turbine hook-up as well as complete Onshore and Offshore High Voltage Substations and related O&M activities are part of the offered services. Everything is always tailored to the needs of the client and on an EPC-basis if required. Do you want to be part of our international team?
For our current and future offshore windfarm related projects, we are looking for an experienced Electrical Package Manager to reinforce our Electrical team.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Being a pro-active senior member of the electrical team, supporting projects in different phases of execution, with technical knowledge and experience in HV (HVDC and HVAC), MV and LV electrical related matters;
- Contributing with your experience to basic electrical designs;
- Leading, and assisting Electrical Project engineers in the correct execution of the projects;
- Managing interfaces with foundation and WTG packages;
- Assisting in discussions with TSO’s assuring the project is complying with local regulations and grid requirements;
Development / Tendering Phase
- Interface seamlessly with the other Package Managers (Commercial and Technical) to ensure that the overall offshore wind development / tendering is successful;
- Project management of the relevant package during the planning and development phase in lead up to construction;
- Provide commercial input and recommendations on procurement strategy for the relevant packages to identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for our projects;
- Lead the procurement activities for the electrical package;
- Identify potential contractors and suppliers for the performance of the works and services required for the design, engineering, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning, testing and completion of the electrical package;
- Manage and run the full procurement process for the appointment of all contractors, including drafting and issuing the bid/tender documents, analysing tenders submitted, managing and responding to bidder queries and negotiate the price and full terms for the performance of the relevant works and services;
- Provide recommendations on the most suitable contractors and suppliers for such works and services;
- Assist with input in the financial modelling of the offshore wind projects where required;
- Technical and Commercial management during construction;
- Forward planning of EPC Contractor activities for the electrical package;
- Provide commercial / contractual input on interface issues that may arise within and/or between work packages (Foundations, WTG’s, Employer, etc…);
- Be responsible for contract administration and responding to contractual matters arising;
- Establish meeting schedules with relevant contractors, service providers and internal teams to oversee and control overall project delivery on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving;
- Provide any relevant input that may be required from time to time on work health, safety and environment plans and their implementation, including any requirements arising from the environmental impact assessment;
- Engage with the O&M contractors and service providers to ensure seamless commercial and legal handover and minimisation of interface issues;
You have a Master degree in Electrical Engineering, with an affinity for renewable energy production.
A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with an energy developer, utility, turbine provider or related contractor in a Package Manager role for offshore wind projects is required.
You are an organisational talent with project management experience and you have a great sense of responsibility. You have strong analytical skills and work very detailed with a solution-oriented mindset.
You are prepared to work abroad and/or from Belgium. Since you are a team player with the necessary communication skills you will certainly fit well in our team.