Jan De Nul Group has been focussing on specific offshore services for the oil, gas and renewable energy market for many years. These services can be divided as follows: intervention works at the sea bottom, rock installation and ballasting, installation of offshore wind parks, subsea cables and umbilicals. For our site in Taiwan we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor/Assistant Contract Manager.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work in close cooperation with Contract Manager: provide advice where possible and assistance where required
- Primary purpose: getting familiarized with the ins and outs of a complex main contract;
- preparing, reviewing and assisting in administering or administering claims and scope variations during the various stages of the construction process of an EPC project, towards both employer and local and overseas subcontractors
- Substantiation and cost calculation for claims and variations in relation with main contract and subcontracts
- Gathering of support information for claims and variations in relation with said contracts
- Registering claims and variations in relation with said contracts
- Assisting in notice requirements under contracts
- Assisting in drafting (secondary) contract agreements
- Advise on local regulations and project permits
- Assist in preparation of contracts and followup of insurances
- Followup of correspondence and writing of letters to subcontractors
- Attending meetings
You are a master in Law in Taiwan with a specialisation in contract law (or general commercial or construction law). You are able to analyse and understand commercial conditions in all contracts. You are able to absorb process and apply new information and knowledge. Preferably you have worked before on large construction projects or in renewables in a similar function.
The Computer literate: working with Word and Excel primarily
You can communicate fluently in both English and Mandarin.