Would you like to work within renewable energy and take up the technical challenges regarding the Design, Fabrication and installation of the high voltage (HV) submarine cables in our wind farm projects.
Join us and become our new Electrical Project Engineer Submarine Cables taking care of high voltage (HV) submarine cables from design until Commissioning activities. You’ll manage the design and fabrication of HV AC and DC submarine cables in our EPCI offerings, along with committed colleagues from the cable installation department.
You’ll become part of the Offshore renewables Electrical department which is responsible for design, construction and commissioning of offshore renewables electrical installations.
Your key tasks will be to
- Manage the cable suppliers (Original Equipment Manufacturer) during all phases from design to commissioning.
- Identify and manage interfaces in employer requirements with regards to the electrical design of the cables.
- Prepare technical specifications, design basis, lists and calculations for HV accessories and components.
- Monitor production schedules and warrant overall quality and HSE compliance of production and installation;
- Evaluation of commissioning and test plans and witnessing of factory and site acceptance tests (FAT/SAT) of main HV cable systems
- Participate in cross-disciplinary project team meetings, support supervision and commissioning activities as well as prepare handover to Operation & Maintenance.
- Report to the responsible package manager of the project and give feedback on the progress of the design and the planning.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in electrical engineering.
- You have a first experience dealing with submarine HV cable suppliers.
- You have hands-on experience with tools like Autocad, ETAP, Eplan, Digsilent power factory, etc... and experience with relevant international standards (IEEE, Cigre,...).
- You have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly.
Moreover, you’re proactive, flexible and enjoy sharing your knowledge within the project group and the entire department. Previous experience in multicultural, international projects is a plus, and you speak and write English fluently as we operate in an international environment. Finally, you have an extrovert personality and thrive on teamwork, as you’ll be performing cross- disciplinary work and cooperating with colleagues and external business partners.