Are you precise, would you like to explore the world and are you up for a challenge to monitor the installation and construction process of offshore wind projects? Do you want to check that specific dimension with a size less than 1 millimeter in a 100-metre high steel structure? Then being a Dimension Control Surveyor at Jan De Nul is the job for you.
You main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Setup inspection and test plan to monitor the construction of all steel structures elements to build an offshore wind turbine. It is crucial that all parts fit. The required accuracy is down to – or less than – a millimeter!
- Determine the best method to measure at sub millimeter level. Industrial Survey methods will need to become standard practice during the construction of major structures. In the initial stages, a consultant will guide you; the consultant will be familiar with similar survey methods used in automobile and aviation sector.
- In order to guarantee the greatest accuracy you will also be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of the advanced measurement equipment and analyse irregularities.
- In order to meet our inspection and test plan you will plan the measurements very closely with the yard, subcontractor and Jan De Nul surveyors. You will either perform the measurement or guide a team performing the measurements.
- You will analyze all measurements and check them against the contract requirements. Reporting will be done directly to the construction manager and quality manager.
- You will become the company expert on unique survey methods to close the gap between normal and industrial survey.
- You will be the first point of contact for dimensional control surveyors on different construction yards all over the world. We are currently constructing offshore foundations in Germany and Korea.
You have an engineering degree (Master or Bachelor) and show affinity towards specialized measuring techniques. Experience in similar function is a plus.
You are accurate, have good communication skills and are a real team player.
Travelling and flexibility in time and place are crucial in this role.